IT Support Specialist - 3rd Shift
Ashton Potter Security Printers is the leader in the industry providing global product security solutions that connect the physical and digital worlds. Our best-in-class capabilities include but not limited to, Offset, Flexo, and Intaglio Web Printing along with Ink Jet and Offset Envelope Printing.
Why Join Ashton Potter?
To participate in a legacy of excellence, a vision for tomorrow and a passion for security!
If you thrive in a fast paced, detail-oriented work environment and are looking for a stable growing company to join, please apply today!
Ashton Potter is currently looking for a full-time IT Support Specialist to join our team! The candidate should have 3+ years of experience working in an IT infrastructure environment.
The candidate will be responsible for setting up, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Will service and support users in responding and correcting hardware and software problems.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Desktop Support and Break/Fix in conjunction with vendor’s who provides more advanced Systems & Network Administration duties.
- MS Exchange/Active Directory Administration (add/delete users, assign permissions, set up mailboxes in Outlook, integrate Exchange with mobile devices etc.)
- MS Windows Server administration, reviewing logs, troubleshooting connectivity issues and escalating any issues that arise from the Cisco switch or beyond.
- Troubleshoot basic VMWare issues.
- Support Cisco phone system including setup and deployment of new phones.
- Must be available for 24/7 after-hours emergency support rotation of every 3 or 4th weekend.
- Recommending and purchasing hardware/software. Must be able to stay within IT department budget guidelines.
- Keep track of company hardware and software license inventory.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and communicate with department employees. Escalate issues when required.
- Understand basic TCP/IP communications protocols including DHCP leases, diagnosing physical connectivity issues with computers, printers and telephones.
- Experience with computer hardware installation and replacement, Windows desktop operating systems, common Windows desktop applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
- Be dependable and take ownership of assigned job responsibilities; must be comfortable working under minimal supervision and exhibit a sense of urgency; take initiative to problem solve and be proactive regarding business-related matters.
- 3+ recent years direct experience (within the last 5 years) in an IT support capacity with in depth knowledge of CISCO phone systems, MS Exchange/Active Directory Administration, MS Windows Server administration, VMWare, basic TCP/IP communications protocols, and desktop applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc
- Must be able to work potential OT when needed
- Availability to work 3rd shift on site at Ashton Potter location in Williamsville, NY
- Availability to work on-call for after-hours emergency support rotation of every 3 or 4th weekend.
- US citizen or permanent resident
Great benefits offered including medical, dental, 401K, and more!
Ashton Potter, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please Note: Candidates must submit to a background check, including credit, criminal and past employment and be able to pass a drug test to be employed by Ashton Potter Security Printing.