IT Support Specialist
Ashton Potter Security Printers, located in Williamsville, NY, is currently looking for a full-time IT Support Specialist to join our team! The candidate should have 3-5+ years of experience working in an IT infrastructure environment.
The candidate will be responsible for setting up, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Will service and support users in responding and correcting hardware and software problems.
- Responsible for all Desktop Support and Break/Fix in conjunction with vendor’s who provides more advanced Systems & Network Administration duties.
- Will be responsible for MS Exchange/Active Directory Administration (add/delete users, assign permissions, set up mailboxes in Outlook, integrate Exchange with mobile devices etc.)
- Responsible for basic MS Windows Server administration, reviewing logs, troubleshooting connectivity issues and escalating any issues that arise from the Cisco switch or beyond.
- Troubleshoot basic VMWare issues.
- Support Cisco phone system including setup and deployment of new phones.
- Must be available for 24/7 after-hours emergency support.
- Responsible for recommending and purchasing hardware/software. Must be able to stay within IT department budget guidelines.
- Keep track of company hardware and software license inventory.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and communicate with department employees. Escalate issues when required.
- Understand basic TCP/IP communications protocols including DHCP leases, diagnosing physical connectivity issues with computers, printers and telephones.
- Experience with computer hardware installation and replacement, Windows desktop operating systems, common Windows desktop applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
- Be dependable and take ownership of assigned job responsibilities; must be comfortable working under minimal supervision and exhibit a sense of urgency; take initiative to problem solve and be proactive regarding business-related matters.
Ashton Potter offers a great compensation package with full benefits.