Ashton Potter is a growing company expanding to meet high volume customer demands.
We are currently seeking a Pressroom leader to help take Ashton Potter to the next level as we grow. Candidate will be responsible for all work performed in the pressroom (Offset, Intaglio, Numbering and Flexo printing), including managing production in the department, plan, organize, influence, and control issues related to efficient pressroom processes and effective personnel, and work cooperatively with production supervisors, production planning, and customer service/sales personnel.
Candidates should have ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in printing, with substantial experience in web and offset printing. Experience in numbering highly valued. Exhibit the continuing desire for personal growth, development of leadership and managerial abilities, and good communication skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership/mentorship and expertise to the entire press operation personnel;
- Lead press operations to ensure on-time, on budget production efficiency, including:
- Review and plan schedules with other inter-department leaders; Ensure printed materials meet all specifications and ensure that SOPs are followed by working with QA Manager to develop and/or revise written SOPs as appropriate
- Schedule the work flow and communicate with other management leaders to effectuate press production success.
- Responsible for the control of loss and spoilage in the department. Emphasize the need for quality in the work performed and spot check the work done by the department personnel
- Continue and enhance a culture of press room readiness, orderly condition and well supplied.
- Maintain a Quality is job one and culture of continuous improvement including:
- Identify targets for improvement and trial alternative consumables;
- Develop relationships with outside suppliers for technical support
- Coordinate with scheduling and maintenance to ensure pressroom maintenance is planned and performed
- Evaluate and assess press operators skills and abilities to make recommendations for improvements, cross training & advancement.
- Work closely with human resource manager on HR issues, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, advancement and termination issues
- Provide regular feedback to employees throughout the year and complete annual written performance reviews with all pressroom employees
- Manage press crew schedules in the department – press and crew assignments, vacation and OT coverage, etc.
- Keep abreast of new methods, processes, and procedures in order to keep up-to-date. Recommend changes or improvement in equipment in conjunction with Chief Technology Officer.
- Reinforce all company rules and policies consistently, especially regarding safety devices and SOPs
Ashton Potter offers highly competitive wages and benefits, incentive and management bonus plans, sign on bonus commensurate with the level experience. Working environment is a clean, well-organized, climate controlled plant.
Ashton Potter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.