Ashton Potter is a growing company expanding to meet high volume customer demands. We are currently seeking a Supervisor who will act as the main point of contact for the manufacturing group during the designated shift.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Direct supervision of assigned employees. Demonstrate organized and effective work habits - sustain positive attitudes and goals while encouraging other team members to do the same. Responsible to focus on safety, quality, productivity and accountability.
- Work closely with Scheduling for short and long term deployment of resources. Oversee the labor force to reduce overtime and reduce overall labor costs for maximum labor efficiency.
- Provide leadership and management to establish, communicate and improve key operational efficiencies. Issue accurate production reports to the organization.
- Keep the equipment clean, efficient and in proper working order through proper operation and consistent cleaning schedules. Coordinate the preventative maintenance of equipment as required. Coordinate the documentation of the written plan with the Facilities Manager.
- Support through troubleshooting, mechanical hands on problem solving and documenting of critical procedures.
- Works closely with vendors to maximize production throughput and quality. Challenge vendors for better ways to do things and coordinate any supporting testing when opportunities arise.
- Responsible for coordinating the onboarding new employees. Ensure all employees are properly trained and that they fully comprehend all applicable Ashton-Potter and Customer requirements. (I.e. AP’s Q.M.S. standards, SOP standards for quality and production, etc
- Responsible for continued monitoring of training effectiveness, coordinating changes as needed and recording all completed training
- Monitor attendance for direct reports, with the assistance of Human Resources, and implement disciplinary steps when necessary.
- Perform, review and maintain performance evaluations for direct reports, assist as required with others.
- Coordinate the cross training program with direct reports and support HR to maintain accurate, real time, training records.
- Administer, communicate and interpret work procedures and company policies to subordinates
- Assist in the organization and planning of work force.
- Makes decisions on job assignments within the shift.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and arranges for a smooth handoff at shift change.
- Ensure all employees are appropriately equipped to successfully complete their duties and responsibilities.
Candidate should have three to six years of experience in a management/supervisory role, possess excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with other departments and strong problem solving skills and established ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines. Experience in a printing environment is preferred and experience with numbering processes is highly valued.
We offer a great compensation package with full benefits, incentives and sign on bonus commensurate with experience.
Ashton Potter is an equal opportunity employer.